Sunday, July 29, 2012

Family Tree Project

A few months ago while visiting my in-laws I saw a fantastic family tree that my mother-in-law's sister had made for her. I've wanted some sort of genealogy thing on my wall, but hadn't found any I liked.

Anyway, with a little help from Ruth- printing and cutting the leaves on her Cricut (thank you) here it is.





The only thing I don't love is Steve and my names. I couldn't print them out on the tree trunk like on the leaves, so I used my vinyl cutter...It works I guess. I decided to do acorns for our kids. Ruth had printed acorns with their names and birth years, but Luke destroyed those ones while I wasn't looking. So for now they just have their birth year.

Originally I thought I'd make one for my Mom and my Grandma, but after making this one there is no way. It was way more work then I thought it would be! =)

1 comment:

Laurel said...

that turned out so cute! love it.