Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Some of my favorite latest reads

FAST READ. Lots of twist and turns.

There are 5 total in the series. It is the type of books you can read aloud to your kids. I loved the make believe world of Fablehaven.
Very interesing novel on Slavery. I think I liked it more then the Kitchen House. Plus it's only .99 on Kindle!

Amazing, makes you think about humanity, type book.

Super FAST READ. Anyone with kids, it will break your heart (in a good way.)

**If you have any favorites tell me in my comments. I'm always looking for suggestions. (Thanks again Lindsey for your suggestions.)

6 comments:

Laurel said...

do you think if i had a kindle i would read more?

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Yay Leah! Thank you!

And Laurel, my answer is no. :)

Kendall Watkins said...

I loved Infidel (true story about the oppression of women in some countries in the Middle East), The Book Thief (about the holocaust but with an interesting twist), Divergent (kind of like The Hunger Games series which are also awesome), Glass Castle (true story about a young girl living in poverty in America), Half Broke Horses (by the same author of Glass Castle and also a true story), The Help (civil rights in the south), The Kitchen Boy: A Novel of the Last Tsar (a fictional novel based on history of the last Tsar and what happened to his fammily in Russia). If you need more I would be happy to share, but these are some of my favorites.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kendall. I forgot, but I was going to add the Book Thief to this list.

Kat M said...

I loved Fablehaven and all of the ones that followed. Great reads.
-Kat

kelleyplus said...

An Invisible thread- Fabulous!