Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Luke Twelve-Month Update (better late then never)

I’m a year old now and what a fun boy I am! I am right around the 50th percentile in height and weight. I have two bottom teeth and one top tooth. Mom says the other top tooth should come in any day now. I don’t stand on my own yet, but I do pull myself up using furniture and use it to help me walk. I think it will be a while before I take my first steps all on my own. For now I enjoy exploring my world via crawling.
I’ve really found my voice lately.  I’ve been mimicking the words and sounds I hear around me. Even when I’m alone I talk and talk to myself. I also sing little “tunes”. It won’t be long until I start using real words to communicate. I’m really starting to get the chasing/catching game. When I see a grown-up I start to squeal and crawl away (preferably up stairs.) I love when they come after me and tickle me. Sometimes I love it so much that I forget to crawl because I want to be caught!
I continue to be the world’s best eater. I eat most everything Mom puts on my tray. My new favorite is cooked broccoli. I can’t get enough of it. I eat a lot and fast! The rascaly side of me is that I still want to nurse all the time. I will only take water out of a sippy cup and don’t want any milk from any type of cup. Mom is very ready to be done nursing and says that once we get home from all our trips she’s going to get more serious about cutting me off.
I take two naps a day, usually about 4 hours total. Mom is very lucky that Carson and I are both good nappers. She usually gets an hour or two where we are both asleep at the same time. I can only imagine how boring that must be for her…
Carson and I have so much fun together. He loves to play with me and show me things. He can get a little too rough and Mom says I’ve got to toughen up now that I am one. =) I’m no dummy though. If I feel like I am in any danger whatsoever I start squealing and calling out for Mom and she comes to my rescue. I learned really fast that that is the way to get immediate attention and have started doing it even when Carson isn’t hurting me. Every once and a while Carson gets in trouble for doing nothing at all. I don’t feel bad about it because he gets away with a lot too!
My family is so lucky to have me. I’ve been a wonderful baby and know I will be a great toddler too.   

No comments: