Monday, May 2, 2011

One of those days

The other day I needed to run to Babies-R-Us and Trader Joes. Honestly, it is exhausting taking both kids to any stores now a days, but I decided to brave it. Things were going fine, I had timed everything to a tee. We were leaving Trader Joes, Luke was starting to get hungry, it was close to nap time for Carson, we'd get home at the perfect time. Then I realize that I LOCKED MY KEYS IN THE CAR.

I call AAA and our membership had expired. I get free road side assistance through Kia, but my VIN # is inside the car and they won't send anyone if you don't have it. It is then that I realize that my phone battery is almost dead. (Meanwhile Luke is screaming because he is hungry and Carson is running around like a wild man.) I call Steve in a panic and quickly explain what is going on and tell him to fix it. He renewed our membership and got someone out there to unlock my car 20 minutes later. Thanks baby!

The low point of the ordeal was me trying to nurse in the mother's lounge in Babies-R-Us, while trying to block the door so Carson couldn't run out. More then a few times I ended up chasing him up and down a toy isle with "body parts" dangling, a baby screaming, and a two-year-old laughing hysterically.

Luckily Steve gave me some sound advice "don't lock your keys in your car." Thanks babe, I'll remember that next time...

5 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Oh my goodness - that sounds awful! Nate is just like Carson and I can just see myself chasing him, too.

It does get slightly easier to take them both out once Luke gets a little bigger!

Our Carlson Family said...

Thanks for sharing... When I have two, and try to brave, what should be a simple outting, I will read this story again and ask, do I really need to go out? I love friends who get to experience everything before me, for this very reason!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

The vision is just too much for me. No humor, just frustration for my sweet girl and her life with two little boys, one of which is Carson!!!

annieq84 said...

What chaos! Thank goodness you finally got back into the car! I can see it coming my way some day and I'm not looking forward to it. Way to keep things together!

Laurel said...

sorry about that one. i take full responsibility since you were on the phone with me when getting out of the car. good thing you're such a trooper!