Thursday, April 28, 2011

Luke Four-Month Update


I am such a happy baby! I smile all the time, to anyone who looks at me. I get very excited and giggle and squeal. My favorite two places are in the baby carrier strapped to my Mom when we are out and about, and my swing when we are at home. Mom just got my bouncer out of the garage and I am having a lot of fun playing in it. At my 4 month check-up I was 14 lbs. 9 oz. and 25 inches (50-60% in both categories). I am getting so many rolls on my arms and legs. My cheeks are getting so chubby too. The doctor said Mom can start having me try real food, but Mom says she’s not ready for that yet. My eyes still water and goop-up all the time. The doctor said I might have to get surgery on my tear ducts when I am a year old. Mom has to keep my nails very short because I keep scratching my head. It looks like I fell in a rose bush!
Mom can’t believe what an easy baby I am during the day. I am very content just hanging out on my own and observing all that is going on around me. I love my brother and am very entertained by him. He is very loving and kind towards me (the majority of the time.) I don’t get much one-on-one time with Mom or Dad, but I don’t mind. It is nice when my brother is taking a nap or after he’s gone to bed because Mom will hold me and talk to me. I love when I have 100% of her attention. My night time sleep is still all over the place. For a week I was doing good waking up once around 4 am to eat and then going back to sleep until 7:30. Lately I’ve started waking up 2-3 times at night. Mom is about to make me start crying it out, which will be sad, but good for all of us in the long run. =)  Mom also said that I need to start taking more naps in my crib rather in my swing. When I get overly hungry I have a freak out! I cry and scream and refuse to eat. Mom has to work hard to calm me down before I’ll eat. Needless to say Mom works really hard to make sure I eat and sleep before I am too tired or hungry. She said she did a much better job scheduling-wise with Carson then with me. I guess that’s what happens when you have a two-year-old brother. Sometimes life is hard when you are 4 months, but for the most part I am loving it!

1 comment:

kelleyplus said...

You just made my day with this!!! His smile is so sweet. I can't wait for May 13th!