Saturday, April 23, 2011

Snapshots

I had one of those "a-hah" (as Oprah would say) moments just now. I was driving home from a stressful grocery trip and it felt so wonderful to finally be sitting  with both boys strapped in the back with no way of escape. A great song came on the radio as I glanced in my rear view mirror and noticed that both the boys were a sleep. All the sudden I had this overpowering rush of emotion, pure JOY, and sense of how lucky I am.

As much as I feel overwhelmed and exhausted as a mom with two young kids (one of them being Carson =)) I am so LUCKY to be living my life.

So, as I sit here with groceries still in the car and a sticky floor beneath my feet I thank the Lord for all that he has BLESSED me with. (And it doesn't help that both the boys are still asleep, in their beds, and the house is nice and quiet!)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i love this! i was just thinking similar thoughts the other day. sure, sometimes things aren't perfect, but what is the definition of perfect anyway? I'd say things are pretty darn close. :) I'm glad you are so happy. We miss your cute little fam!

kelleyplus said...

Thanks for the very tender reminder. I need to count my blessings more, This week with my sister and other family was so wonderful. Family really is so much of a blessing!