Monday, May 9, 2011

Sleep, how I miss you...

For the past month or so Carson has been waking-up between 5am and 6am. In the past he's been about a 6:30am guy, which is a little early, but I can handle it. I can't handle the 5's! Especially when I am up 1-2/night with Luke PLUS Carson has been pulling the waking-up in the middle of the night thing too. He has been so winey and emotional because he is exhausted! Which makes me think he still needs the same amount of sleep, he's just not getting it anymore.

Last week we pushed back his bedtime in hopes of sleeping in. It didn't work, he is still waking-up at the same time, each day grumpier than the last. This week I am cutting his naps in half so I'll let you know if that helps.

If you have any tips or advice I am all ears. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child gives a few suggestions such as moving up the bed time or keeping them up really late in hopes to shock their system to"reboot" their sleeping...I don't know, HELP!

4 comments:

Andrea J said...

My experience has been that the more a child sleeps, the more a child sleeps :) I would put him to bed earlier. Good luck!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

ooohh, Leah. I know your pain. I went through a few months of this, too!

I agree with Andrea's comment that when they are over-tired it's awful. So maybe stick with the earlier bedtime even if he is waking up at the same time. At least he's getting more sleep? But what do I know?!?!

Luckily it will probably pass just like every other kid stage. Nate once again started sleeping through the night the majority of the time and is up at 6:30pm. And Ryan goes to bed at 6:15pm at night [most of the time] and finally sleeps through the night.

So you have hope.

kelleyplus said...

I'm so sorry baby. At least if you put him to bed early he will get more sleep even if he gets up early. At least he won't be cranky.
Make sense?

Laurel said...

i got nothin'. sorry.