Sunday, September 26, 2010

What a Wonderful Sunday!

After a HORRIBLE Sunday last week (involving Carson and rascally/emotional nursery behavior) Steve decided he was done trying to keep him in nursery. It was too exhausting and chaotic. I was talking to my friend Anissa, who is also the primary president, about it all. She decided to go and observe nursery today and also keep an eye on Carson so Steve and I could actually attend classes. Carson loves Anissa  and feels very comfortable with her because he is always at their house playing.  I don’t think I’ve been to Sunday School in at least a year and a half! It was so great being without him for 2 hours. GLORIOUS! Anissa said he did pretty good. Cried a few times, but was happy when she was near.

Sidenote, if you think I am one of those Moms who refuses to let my kid “just cry it out” you are sorely mistaken. I love the just cry it out theory and live by it. The issue with nursery is there are too many kids, in a cramped space, without enough adults. It is not the environment to let him melt-down and sob for an hour… The other kids wouldn’t be able to handle it, nor could the leaders. Thanks Anissa! You are amazing. The next two weeks we don’t have church, and after that Anissa’s husband Brent said he’d go in with Carson. I’ll keep you all posted!
*Oh, I almost forgot. Carson made it through…wait for it… an entire sacrament meeting without having to go out in the hall! This hasn’t happened since he was able to crawl. Life is good.

(See new post under this one too)

2 comments:

Aleena said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! I'm glad you are getting some help with Carson in nursery. Hopefully he will adjust quickly and he'll do just fine in a few more weeks. Good luck! :)

California Blakes said...

Hey! Carson is so cute! Congrats on being prego! Are you having a boy or girl? Also...we should talk sometime. I'm yw prez too. We should share some ideas! :)