Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just one of those days...

{It's a good thing his is cute}
*So, it has been "just one of those days". Nursery was CRAZY. 20+ kids and the nursery leaders out of town... (Side note, Carson will still not do nursery by himself so I have to be in there 2nd hour and Steve 3rd hour). I feel like I should just be released as YW president and called into nursery for the amount of time and energy I spend in there.

*After church just when I start falling asleep Carson decides to wake-up early from his nap.

*He got into my craft paint and squirted some of the carpet upstairs. 20 minutes and a lot of scrubbing later it looks good as new luckily.

* Carson broke his train table. I'm not sure what he did. but the whole thing fell apart. poor craftsmanship I think. Currently there is a pile of wood and train tracks strewn across the living room. Steve is going to start building him a new one tomorrow. What a Dad!

*I ACCIDENTALLY gave the poor guy a bloody nose. Don't ask, I still feel really bad about it.

*For the past few days I've been painted vertical stripes on the wall of his soon to be big-boy-room. I had all the paint cans out of his reach (or so I thought). I guess as pay back for the bloody nose Carson somehow climbed up and got the can of red paint and threw it down the stairs. There was paint everywhere, on the walls, banister, carpeted stairs and the hardwood floor below. Not to mention all over him. This WAS NOT one of the situations where I ran to get my camera first because it was kind of cute. 2 hours and a lot of scrubbing/carpet steaming later there is only a pinkish hue now. I thought Steve was going to divorce me, but I wasn't chastised too much for having the paint at a Carson-reaching level. Thanks Steve.

*I am relieved to say that he is in bed, the house is quiet, baby #2 is happily kicking, and except for the dirty dishes in the sink- all is well here.

The sad thing is this day really isn't that out of the ordinary, except for the paint thing. Carson is really good at keeping us on our toes. (Just in case you all wanted a recap of my day).

7 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Oh Baby,
You need a break!!!

Julie Luke said...

It kind of reminds me of the time my brother Kent threw dozens and dozens of eggs all over the kitchen before anyone woke up. I guess we all experience out of control kids at one time or another. I agree with your mom you need a break.

Aleena said...

Wow Leah, you are a TROOPER!

Laurel said...

oh wow! I'm so sorry you had such an awful day. I think I need to call you right now to give you personal sympathy. Talk to you soon!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

oh, wow. wow. wow. wow.

i hope baby boy #2 is a calm little one.

The Skeehan Family said...

I'm still dying, by the way.

And I'm so glad I got the verbal version of this - you write well, but your story telling skills are unmatched (if you couldn't tell by my ridiculous laughter)

And I'm with Lindz... hopefully numero dos is a little more laid back.

Carolyn said...

You know what will fix days like this? A broken arm. Just throwing it out there! Glad you are feeling well. I've got about 3 weeks left and the swelling has begun so I've got that going for me which is nice. for Aaron's birthday I got him the blue Banana Stand shirt so he and Steve can be shirt buddies. Sure do miss you guys!