Sunday, February 28, 2010

Time for a switch-up at church

I've been in Young Womens for almost 5 years with the Beehives. So when I got called into the bishop's office I thought I was going to be released (bitter/sweet, blah, blah). Anyway, much to my surprise (drum roll) I was asked to be the YW president. I was, to say the least, shocked. I've had a few weeks to digest the idea and I think I'll be okay... I'm just working on staying motivated. Working with the girls is always so fun and exciting. I was sustained today and so were all my councilors. I am so lucky that I was able to steal them from other auxiliaries! It is going to be a fun group of leaders. Feel free to email me fun ideas.

No post is complete without pictures or a video. We've had a lot of rain lately so Carson hasn't been able to play outside as much as usual. Whenever there is sun in between the storms we head out doors. After trying to keep him out of puddles for the majority of our playing I finally gave in. Poor kid needs some rain boots.

6 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

you will be faBULOUS! Looks like you and Mimi will be on the phone alot . . :)

kelleyplus said...

WOW! What a sense of humor you have!!! Someday Carson will see this and think he had the coolest mom ever.
PS. You will be fabulous as the YW President.

Kelly said...

Awesome! You'll be great Leah, these girls need someone who will just tell it like it is!

Laurel said...

Wow Leah! You'll be great. No doubt about it. I love that you let Carson get dirty...remind me that I need to do that and not worry about the mess with my little guy in the future. Just 1 more month!!!

Carolyn said...

you're going to be awesome! Best of luck on your new calling

andrea said...

WOW Leah!! That is huge! Congrats, you'll do great!