Sunday, December 6, 2009

Writing papers and cutting vinyl

I am so glad this week is over! My final classes were yesterday. I had to finish my two applied field projects (12 pgs each) and my portfolio. Well, they are done and handed in and I am officially done with my post graduate classes to received my level II California Credential for special ed. What a great feeling. All I have to do now is a CPR course and get all my paperwork in. What a ridiculous amount of hoops they put us through. It's a wonder that anyone in this state are going into teaching anymore. It is done and that is all that matters! I guess I'm still shocked with how little I can get done now compared to life without a kid. When he is awake he has to be constantly entertained. When he is asleep I'm lucky if I can put make-up on and do the dishes. He is so much fun, though, it is totally worth it =) I was in charge (I actually volunteered, won't do that again) of a Super Saturday craft day at church a few weeks ago. It was a lot of work, but I think everyone enjoyed themselves. The reason I volunteered was because we never do that sort of thing in our ward and I wanted to show everyone that it could be done and that it was fun. We did 6 crafts. Here are pictures of a few that we did. I found the nativity and countdown blocks online, but the frame was my creation. We just began decorating for Christmas today. Carson loves all the lights. Our tree isn't up yet. It will be funny to see what he thinks about that. This week is going to be another crazy one. I have a lot of vinyl I have to cut for various people for their Christmas projects. 80 separate vinyl sayings. Wish me luck!





3 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Love the nativity thing Leah. What did you use for the cutout? I hope you can slow down soon and just enjoy the spirit of the season. You do too much!!! You are so talented and capable and I am very proud of you!
Mom

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That countdown box thing is ADORABLE! I may have to call you to figure out how you did that . . . I'm in need of a countdown.

That's great about your schooling - what an accomplishment!

80 vinyl sayings? Yikes. Good luck!

Laurel said...

You are so crafty! And way to go with finishing all your stuff. You are truly inspiring my dear! 3 cheers for you...Go Leah-Go Leah-Go Leah!