Monday, December 14, 2009

What happens when your kid bites into a glass ornament?


Well, I'm glad you asked. They go straight to the ER for an x-ray and 3 hours later they are released. The joys of motherhood. This morning I was a a friend's house and Carson was playing with one of those bulb ornaments that we thought was plastic. Well, it wasn't and he ended up with a mouth full of glass. I'm so glad there were 5 of us there to hold him down, open his mouth, sweep his mouth, spray water in his mouth... He was very upset over being held down and harassed by all these moms. Carson had a blast at the hospital until the x-ray. Steve and I had to pin him down in various positions. I don't think we've ever heard him scream that loud before. Anyway, they didn't see any glass so everything turned out fine.I think it's funny they put his hospital bracelet over his jammies on his ankle. I had to take a picture.

11 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

wow, that's a good christmas story! Nate broke one with his hand the other day but luckily no glass stuck in his hand!

Amanda said...

what an ordeal! i'm glad hes okay!

Jackie said...

So scary Leah!! I'm glad everything ended up okay. (That pic of his little pj foot is so cute.)

Rice Family said...

I am so VERY glad to hear things are well. I worried about him (and you) all day. Again I am sorry and I feel like a smuck. :)

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

We had to get X rays for Porter once too! Not fun! Glad he is ok!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Oh my gosh, mom told me. That totally makes my stomach sick, poor Carson. I also had to hold Ollie down for an xray once and it was totally torture.

kelleyplus said...

It reminds me of when Annie had to have stitches and Dr. Smith put her in a staight jacket type of thing. She was so tramatized that she is afraid of confined spaces to this day. Poor little kids!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

holy cow...your post title scared me to death! i'm sooo glad he's ok! being at the hospital with your baby is THE WORST!

Laurel said...

oh- poor little guy. Glad to hear that everything is ok. Note to self: no glass ornaments anywhere near the bottom of the tree next year.

andrea said...

YIKES! How scary!! I would be freaking out, I always over react and wave my hands in the air when something like that happens, it sounds like you kept calm!

Brady and Lauren said...

That is so scary! I'm glad little Carson is ok.