Sunday, June 15, 2008

Unemployment has never felt so sweet

I've been out of school for about a week now and it has been great! I have one more week off, then I am going to teach a 2nd-4th grade special ed summer school class for two weeks. It will be nice to make a little extra money and not have to teach all summer. I told Steve I'd wait until the summer to start on the nursery and I did just that. I want to get most of the big stuff done before school starts again in August. So far I've cleared everything out of the office. Now there is a changing table, crib, and glider in there. Don't you just love Craigslist and garage sales? It is really starting to look like a nursery. Now I am just sitting and waiting to find out what we're having before I start painting and sewing, etc. We find out July 1st if it is a boy or girl. Can't wait. Maybe later this week I'll post some pictures of our nursery findings.
I am 17 weeks along now. I am feeling better, but definitely not back to my old self. (Not sure if I ever will be). Warning, gross story... Last week I went to the gym and then ran some errands. I was getting hungry, which is the worst thing for a pregnant lady. It causes nausea faster then anything else. I didn't want to stop and get something to eat, so I tried to fight it. What happened might you ask? I threw up while I was driving. It was horrible. The poor Avalon will never be the same. Luckily, I didn't cause an accident or anything!
We've been enjoying good summer weather. On Thursday we went up the lake (45 min from our house) with friends to ski. Yesterday We took out our boat with friends for a few hours out on the Delta (10 min from our house). Steve's parents get home from their mission in a few weeks and they are coming to get it, so we have to get in all the boat time we can!
Sorry no pictures on this post. I'll do better next time!!

2 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

So glad you got the glider!!! I'm assuming it didn't turn out to be purple :)

And honey, that hurts my heart that you threw up in the car.... I almost did that but gratefully made it to my parent's house in the nick (?) of time and rushed in and ... well... you know.

But I guess that is why car upholstery is so easy to clean :)

Can't wait to see pictorials of the nursery!

And CANNOT WAIT for July 1st!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I am so excited for you to find out what you're having! It only gets more fun after that.

And PLEASE post pictures of your nursery findings. You are the ebay/craigslist master.

SO SORRY you threw up in the car. I never went through that so I can't say I understand that one! Hope all of that ends soon.