Sunday, June 1, 2008

Annie & Cody's Wedding

Just to warn you, this is going to be a long one! The past two weeks have just gone by in a whirl wind! So much Friday morning Steve and I flew up to Utah for my sister Annie and Cody’s wedding. They both really wanted to get married in the Logan Temple, so Logan it was! My sister Becky works at a day care and ended up bring the flu with her, so everyone except two family members ended up getting very sick, including the bride! Since the whole family was in town they decided to have the baby blessing for Brian and Amanda’s new daughter Kate the morning of the wedding, which put a crunch on wedding preparations. I was in charge of bringing Annie’s dress to the temple and making sure she got their. First, she showed up in jeans (only dresses in the temple), but luckily the little temple workers didn’t mind. Annie felt pretty silly though. My mom finally got there and her and I went into the bride’s dressing room to wait for Annie. Mom then noticed that I had grabbed the wrong wedding dress out of the closet! To my defense I had never seen Annie’s dress and who puts two wedding dresses in the same closet…Luckily my aunt lived close by and one of my sister’s ran to get the correct dress. Poor Annie, that just put her over the edge. She could not contain her emotions. She was SO SICK as well. She was in the bathroom every 5 minutes. Good news was they did end up getting married.

Later that evening there was a reception in Liberty Idaho (1 ½ hours northeast of Logan). We showed up and neither the bride or groom were looking too well. Turns out Cody had a kidney stone! They stayed for about 15 minutes of their reception then left for the hospital. Over the next 3 days Cody went back to the emergency room 3 times. They missed there cutely decorated hotel room for their first night and ended up staying at his parent’s house. They did catch their flight to L.A., but by then Cody had the flu too and threw-up the whole way there. The were suppose to go on a cruise out of Long Beach, but missed that too b/c he was too sick. I am happy to announce that the stone eventually passed and they are both feeling fine after a honeymoon of crashing at the in-laws houses =).

This weekend Steve and I drove down to L.A. for the California reception. There were no disasters this time. The reception was beautiful and everyone had fun. Steve and I were glad to help out. Saturday we got to spend some time with Laurel my college roomie and BF and her boyfriend. We love Ryan, he is a keeper =). Now we are back home, getting ready for a new week. This is my last week of school, whoo-hoo! I can’t believe this school year is already over. I am getting a week break and then summer school starts. I am in week 15 now and feeling so much better. I’ve started wearing maternity clothes. I can’t wait to find out what we are having!! I hope you enjoy some of the pictures. I forgot my camera and had my sisters and cousin email me pics. I wish I had a good one of just the bride and groom, but no one sent me one. If I get better ones I'll post them.

9 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Oh my goodness, what a wedding story! That's a bummer they missed out on so many things . . . but eventually they'll look back and just laugh. :)

Amber Bonner said...

Oh, sure. Leave out the most exciting part of your trip- C's crush on Steve. :) I'm glad their reception in California was good- they deserve it after the horrible day they had!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...

so glad to hear the california reception went better! what a weekend!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

I want to cry for your sister. wow. you look amazing all pregnant though!

Kendall Watkins said...

That is such a sad story. I hope things are better. Do they get any money back or anything from the cruise? I hope so! I can't wait to see you next week.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Yeah it was an insane weekend but at least we all survived and everyone is still in love! I'm thinking they'll get credit for their cruise, that's what Annie said. It was so fun to see the tum, it will be soooo much bigger next time I see you I'm sure:)

Kimberlee said...

That sounds CRAZY!! Isn't that a brides nightmare...having the flu and not having her dress!! Glad they ended up together though!! Miss you...you look great!