Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Creating a Nursery & Other Baby Stuff

Since I am now starting to show a little bit and I don't get to see most of you as much as I would like I decided to post my first "baby bump" picture. It is not huge, but it's there. 17 weeks.

Below are pictures of the crib we got off of craigslist from a lady in San Ramon, the glider and ottoman also a craigslist find from Oakland, and the changing table/hutch from the Green Valley community garage sale. I love buying stuff used b/c it is a lot nicer then the junk I could afford new. I mean just those 3 items would be around $1,640 new before tax. Yeah right. I think we got it all for $430.

Early in my pregnancy I found my dream stroller on craigslist in San Fransisco and had to have it. It was more then I wanted to pay for a used stroller, but I didn't care. Isn't it cute? In the picture it is set up as a bassinet, but it can be a regular stroller too. I thought it wouldn't be very hard to find the matching peg perego car seat, but boy, was I wrong. They stopped making them in 2007. I found one on ebay after months of searching, but they were going for around $250, for a USED car seat. Please. Luckily, I have a great husband who found one in Fresno and got the lady to mail it to us. Thanks Steve! I love it.
I also have random baby clothes (that I have been collecting since high school), some toys, and other little things. Nothing exciting enough to take a picture of. Now that I have the big items I am going to cool it for a while. Just a few more days of freedom before summer school starts. It is nice to relax!

11 comments:

andrea said...

I can't wait to find out what you are having! I love all the stuff you found on Craigslist! Those are some major scores! Your baby is going to be beautiful.

Amanda said...

love the tummy, and what great finds! cant wait to find out if its a niece or a nephew but you know im rooting for girl! lots of pink vibes being sent your way!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Ok, I'm gonna be honest, you look like you're having twins! Are you sure they got that right. Seriously I don't think I was showing that much till I was like over 6 months. But you are totally darling and pregnant and I CAN'T WAIT to see that little baby's face.

breena rae said...

wow, nice choice with the pegpreggo! Good ol' Fresno came through. You look great, too, by the way.

lindsay lark said...

All good things come from Fresno.

Leesee said...

I love the stroller and car seat! And all the other things too!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You and Steve amaze me with the deals you find. Cute stuff!

I LOVE the polka dot stroller/car seat. ADORABLE.

Andrea J said...

I too feel in love with the Peg Perego, but wasn't as diligent as you guys. Congrats on the great find!

The Skeehan Family said...

LOVE THE PREGO PIC! And I LUV your bump! Yay!!!!!!! And what, like one more week until you find out! WOOHOO...

And ps... absolutely love the crib and everything - it's all going to look awesome.

California Blakes said...

Hi Leah! You look so cute! We are actually having a boy! We are really excited for Davis to have a little buddy! Can't wait to find out what you are having!

kelleyplus said...

Little baby tummy! I love them so much. I always loved to find cute maternity clothes and start wearing them. I'm excited to put the nursery together and get started on a quilt. Love to you both, Mom