Sunday, March 2, 2008

Home Improvements






I have had a few requests to post some pictures of our various home improvement projects. We will have owned our home 3 years next month, so in honor of the “anniversary” check out what we’ve done!

Exterior: When we moved in and the house was yellow and forest green, horrible color combination. So we painted the trim white and the shutters and front door black. I think it turned out great. We also poured more concrete and made the drive way wider. We also poured concrete on the side yard, so we could have a place to park the boat. It just barely fits with a few inches to spare! My most recent project was pulling all the plants out of the front yard and re-planting. I just finished putting in a mow strip, planting bushes and flowers, laying bark. I think it looks pretty good.

8 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Let the comments begin....

LOVE the changes to the exterior. Your house looks amazing! Your craftiness and ability to do everything yourself amazes me.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Let the comments begin....

LOVE the changes to the exterior. Your house looks amazing! Your craftiness and ability to do everything yourself amazes me.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

You guys seriosuly did a great job. Can't wait to get my own home and have all sorts of tips from you. My fav might be the kitchen, just looks so cute. But a nice backyard is something that can't be appreciated enough, or spent time in enough if you ask me. All you need is a hammock now. And I'm going to have to admit that I would have kept the greenhouse, thought it was rad. Plus I've just always wanted one. Can't wait to come visit with little Ollers!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Hey you two! I was blog hopping and found you on Kimmy's site. You look great and so happy! It brings back fun memories of the WQ to see you!

steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andrea said...

Leah! I love your house, it is so adorable! That's so cool that you've worked so hard on it, and made it your own. That backyard is perfect! Are you just loving living in San Fran?

Ashlee said...

Leah, I'm glad you found our blog. It's so fun to see what everyone is up to. I love your cute house and the changes you guys have made are amazing. Our house is also yellow and forest green. Whoever thought that was a good idea must have been color blind.

Jeremy and Jennifer said...

Hey Leah!! I love your house. That must be so nice to have so much room for everything. So how is San Fran? Ethan is now 5 months and growing up so fast. Take care!!
We have a blog now:)