Friday, January 18, 2008

There are good people left in the world!

So, sometimes I get a little cynical about the world do to where I work and who I deal with daily. Yesterday I decided to get my nails done to make myself feel feminine and pretty (girls, you know what I mean). I was talking to the person doing my nails about teaching, etc. There was a man getting a manicure next to me and got up to pay and asked me how much my nails were going to be? I told him $20.00, then he got out an extra $20 and paid for mine too! I told him that he didn't have to do that. He said that he asked his sister-in-law what she wanted for her birthday and she said just to do something nice for someone else. He also told me that he was a a retired teacher and appreciates what I do, and to keep teaching. How nice is that? There are good people left in the world after all! My nails look great by the way...

6 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Of course that made me tear up a little, I love that. There is always good in the world, we just have to focus on it more than the bad, which is sometimes hard. Esp when dealing with troubled youth or druggies in my case.

Tristan said...

Wow! That is an incredible story! Makes me think about the whole pay it forward concept. Very cool!

Mike and Kris said...

You are not alone feeling like that about the world. It is so great to hear about the good that is being done and the good people still out there!! Thanks for sharing!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That is inspiring! Makes me want to do something like that for someone else.

Very cool story. And there's nothing better than a manicure. Especially a free one! :)

Brady and Lauren said...

That is a nice story to hear. Sometimes I wonder the same thing, so it's good to have reminders that there are good people still out there.

andrea said...

That is so cool! I might start asking for that for my birthday too :) I love those types of stories. Glad you like your nails too.