Monday, July 5, 2010

Girls Camp & More

Wow, it has been a busy week! I got back from Girls Camp on Saturday. I got there with The Wiggles songs stuck in my head and left with camp songs stuck in there. I'm not sure which one is worse...The camp was new this year and absolutely beautiful! Nestled among the redwoods, 10 miles from the coast, about 2 hours north of me. Northern California camping is definitely more beautiful than Southern California camping. We had A TON of girls this year 20. So of course when you have 20 12-14 year old girls with strong, dynamic, personalities some problems occur... Overall it was a good experience and some of the girls really broke-out of their shells, which is so wonderful to see. I am lucky to be able to work with these girls, even if at times I want to flick them in the foreheads=) I LOVE them all! Sad thing is I didn't take any pictures.A big thanks to Steve for taking some work off and watching Carson. They went to 6 Flags every morning and swimming every afternoon. Carson will only come to me when Steve is around with sufficient prompting. He is a daddy's boy.

We had a fun 4th of July. We spent Saturday and Sunday at two separate swim parties/BBQs. Thanks Hornfischers and Bogners. We didn't quite make it to fireworks either night. We much preferred Carson in bed early to fireworks. Carson is so fun right now. He has finally decided to say a few more words then Mom and Dad. It's so funny to hear him starting to talk. I didn't think it was humanly possible for him to be more of a wild man at the pool, but alas he is! He now likes to "jump" (fall in sideways with his body straight as an arrow) off the side of the pool into the water. It doesn't matter if someone is there to catch him or not, or if he has clothes on or not. He loves to do this off the diving board too, crazy boy. He is still yet to be at all scared of the water or drowning. Next time we swim I'll get it on video. 

We leave on Saturday for Washington to spend a week at Twin Lakes with the Bonner clan. Non-stop for us right now. I am still sick as ever. I am very much looking forward to not thinking I am about to throw-up everyday. I starting feeling better around 17-18 weeks with Carson so we'll see what happens this time around.

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th!

3 comments:

kelleyplus said...

You must be exhausted and now another trip? Poor baby and with a baby growing inside of you and taking all your energy too. I can say that I hope Carson sleeps so you can rest, but I know better.
Good luck and drive safe!
Mom

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Ahhh girls camp. I love that Steve took Carson to an amusement park 3 days in a row. That is serious business. Oh I hope you start to feel better. I hate that feeling of never quite feeling like yourself and never feeling really good. It won't last forever and you get a baby in the end!

Aleena said...

Wow, you are a busy bee, Leah! It's nice that you are having a fun summer! Maybe when you are with your family this next trip they will let you get a couple of naps in.