Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy 30th Steve!!

In my family when it's your birthday everyone sends you a "why I love you" email. I thought I'd share mine to Steve on this monumental birthday of his... (The big 3-0 if you weren't aware. I know I'm married to a middle aged man!)

To start off my “why I love Steve” entry I’d like to share a top ten list of things you might not know about Steve. These are some of the things that make Steve such a unique and great individual.
1. Been knocked unconscious 8 times.
2. Secretly loves the bands Chicago, ABBA, and Aqua and will belt it out in the car.
3. Would choose In & Out or Little Caesars over just about any other restaurant.
4. Usually wakes up at 5 am every morning to run, then goes to work at 6 am.
5. Swore he’d never use baby talk but now says things like “nappy nap” and Poopy diapee”.
6. Loves candy but only the original flavors, no tropical or specialty varieties.
7. Was valedictorian of his high school class.
8. Loves to read and often reads the same novels over and over.
9. World’s loudest sneezer.
10. Takes pride in our lawn and works hard to have the greenest lawn on the street.
There are so many reasons I love Steve and why his is perfect for me. First off Steve is my best friend. He is the person I want to spend my time with and experience everything with. Steve takes amazing care of Carson and I. He is very responsible and always thinks everything through. I don’t have to worry about a lot of things because I know he has already taken care of it. Steve is an amazing Dad. He is always willing to help with Carson and loves his son so much. Steve is fun! He knows how to have a good time. Steve is diligent when it comes to his church responsibilities. He never misses a month of home teaching and is a great ward clerk. Steve is a great employee and works hard. He is also very handy. He can do a lot around the house and what he can’t do he researches and learns how to do it. Steve is very supportive of all that I do. He encourages me and helps me accomplish my goals. I am so lucky to have Steve as my husband (even though he is 30 now!) Happy birthday baby!

The picture is Steve with his favorite, Dairy Queen ice cream cake. It is obviously his favorite because a large piece was cut off before I could take a picture.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annieq84 said...

Yummm Ice cream cake... great choice Steve! By the way the pic of Carson in the shower is so cute. Totally the kind of face you would have made as a baby. Oh I want to come visit you guys so bad!!! (and that previous comment was deleted by me. Stupid switching user names!)

Aleena said...

Happy Birthday Steve! Leah you are such a great wife! It was fun to read what you said about Steve.