Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Third time is a charm!

I am in the Young Woman presidency at church and have worked with the Beehives (12-13 year old girls) for the past 3 1/2 years. Well, this week the Young Womans threw me a baby shower. It was such a fun mutual activity! It was more for the girls to play baby shower games and help celebrate my upcoming baby boy. We played a few fun games like; estimate with yarn how big my tummy is, guess the melted candy bar in the diaper and name that baby food. The girls each wrote me a card to read while I am in the hospital. They also put together a new mom's coupon book full of babysitting, cooking and house cleaning coupons. Such thoughtful girls! I am so lucky to work with them. The leaders and advisers did a great job pulling this together. There was a delicious dinner and yummy cake. The leaders got me a few spa treatments so I can feel pampered these last few weeks and a toy chest for all of baby boy's toys. I feel so loved =). Thanks everyone!!

My youngest sister Chelsea decided to drive up and visit me from LA yesterday, so she was able to come to the shower too. Today we spent the day shopping at the outlets and we went to the Jelly Belly factory for a tour. She is doing an excellent job keeping me occupied and distracted. She has to go home tomorrow though. It has been a short, but fun visit. My sister Becky is flying out next Friday to visit. She is hoping she's timed her trip perfectly for the birth. A week early...Sounds good to me!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

We wish we could be there to see him born too :(
somebody better send us pictures asap! i need to see his adorable face!

The Boz said...

I'm sooooooo excited for you! I can't wait to see your little guy. It's coming up so soon. YEAH!!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How nice of your girlies. Isn't being in YW the BEST calling? I love it, too.

Robin said...

It's so exciting! We are all so excited to meet the newest Bonner! Your bolg is so cute, I need lessons! Get Laurel to come up also! Love the Bogner's