Sunday, February 3, 2008

Monthly Update: January



I can't believe we are in February already. I am trying to think what to write for January, but it's been a pretty slow month so there is not much. It took us each about a week to sleep through the night trying to re-adjust to the Thailand time change. It also took us about that long to re-adjust to going back to work. My cousin passed away from a brain tumor a few weeks ago so we were up in Utah for the funeral. It was obviously a very sad occasion, but it was nice to see a lot of my extended family and my siblings and nieces and nephews. My brother and his wife came up to visit on their way to Rexburg. It was fun having them. I took them into San Fransisco, but of course, it was pouring. We also went to the Jelly Belly Factory. Steve is in the process of putting all new base board up stairs and so far it looks great! We went and saw 27 Dresses last weekend and it was very cute. I liked it, Steve tolerated it. I am excited to see Katherine Heigl doing so well. She attended my home ward in L.A. when we were in Young Woman's together. She was making Under Siege II and attending our church on Sundays. She was very nice. I don't think she is active anymore though. Anyway, we are doing great and love living here, even though It never stops raining! At least it's rain and not snow. I found a new appreciation for California right after our visit to Logan. I wish you all a very happy February.

6 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Yeah you should definetely be appreciating the no snow, my feet are so cold. I guess that always happens on Sundays considering I have no decent warm Sunday shoes. I have been wondering about 27 dresses, I've heard mixed things, but I still want to see it.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay Griffeth said...

That was a fun update to read!

I loved 27 Dresses, too! Post pictures of your home! I'd love to see it.

The Skeehan Family said...

Hi honey! I had a wonderful conversation with Laurel... so maybe I WILL get to see you in a few months :) :) I can't believe you are doing more wonderful things to your house, it is beautiful already... and you just inspired me to grab a friend of mine, another new mom and get to the movies, I really want to see 27Dresses and you just sealed the deal :)

Kimberlee said...

Ok, so we were in San Francisco this weekend...I didn't realize you lived so close! I'm bummed because I was going to call you but thought you lived a lot farther away! I would have loved to see your house. I think you need to take pictures and post them on your blog! I didn't want to leave CA! While we were there, it snowed over 3 feet in Utah. I miss you.

andrea said...

I love San Francisco... how fun to live there! I never thought I could be tired of rain, but after a while it does get old! You are right, better rain then snow! I really want to see 27 dresses, Devin isn't interested at all! I didn't know Katherine Heigl was in your ward!