Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Kelley Girls Cruise!


Six years ago my Mom rented a house in Laguna Beach and all 5 of my sisters, my 1 sister in law and my Mom spent a fun week together. Back then there were 2 grandkids. Now fast forward to present day. There are 10! It's been a busy few years and we all needed a little get away!

8 months ago my Mom came up with the crazy idea of going on a girls cruise. Somehow we pulled it off! A HUGE thanks to my husband and all my brother-in-laws for staying home with the kids. We had an amazing time! It was just a quick 3 day cruise, but anytime away from kids does wonders for the soul. =)  It was a miracle that I made the flight. The Bay Area had a storm of all storms. I was lucky to make it to SFO and that the flight was able to take off.
I made it to BART!
On my flight
We all flew into Miami Thursday night and spent the night and Friday morning enjoying the city before boarding the ship at 2:00. We stayed right on Ocean Boulevard in the Beacon Hotel. It was a darling, old art deco hotel, the epitome of Miami Beach. It was fun to see Miami nightlife. The beach there was beautiful and the water was warm. We had a yummy breakfast and went for a bike ride along the beach. I could have spent a few more days in Miami. Steve and I will just have to go back.







That afternoon we boarded our ship The Norwegian Sky. Saying good bye to Miami!






Saturday we ported in Nassau, Bahamas. We did an excursion to the Atlantis Resort. Atlantis was incredible. I definitely need to go back with Steve and the kids.  In the morning we did the dolphin encounter. Very cool to be in the water and pet a dolphin. 










 We spent the rest of the day at the water park. It was awesome. The "lazy river" was our favorite. It's a mile long and has a rapids section as well as a wave machine. The clear watersides that go through the shark tank was amazing as well. A day was not enough time to spend at Atlantis. I could have spent 2 or 3 at the waterpark alone. I know there are neat things to see and do all over the resort, maybe in 5 years we'll go with the kids.
Sailing away from Atlantis


Photo on Mom's balcony leaving Nassau with a small lighthouse in the backround

We woke up Sunday morning with a view of the tiny island of Great Stirup Cay. Stirup Cay is a private island owned by the cruise line. We spent the day doing not much. We laid out, read and swam. I haven't actually relaxed at the beach in years! 










 
I'd never been on a cruise and we had a blast doing various cruise things like bingo and karaoke. It was so nice to spend time together without kids. We had time to talk, laugh hysterically, and just enjoy each other. There is nothing better then sister/Mom time. I'm so lucky to have 5 sisters and one wonderful sister-in-law.
Laura, Becky, Regan at dinner
Bingo was a huge disappointment...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun! Love all of you Kellley girls!