Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm sad and I'm not ready to be happy yet.

I'm sad. I decided I can be sad this week, then I will put on a happy face and make the most of my new situation next week.


We've been in the same ward for the 7 years we've lived here. It is a fantastic ward. Huge, (hence the reason for this story), lots of young families, great people, the works. We got a new bishop 6 months ago and I have to say is the best bishop I have ever had, excluding my Dad of course. =) I have a lot of great friends in this ward and consider myself extremely lucky to be a part of it.

Now onto the sad part. Where our ward has been exploding the last few years, our stake has not. So basically what they did to us yesterday was split our ward 40/60% and give each of us a smaller ward from the stake. I am in the 40% group which sounds like a lot, but it really isn't for me. Out of 20 or so good friends I have are only 3 of us who are going to be in the new ward. Plus our new boundaries are HUGE to encompass some of the less active areas.

Anyway, I know this isn't the end of the world. I know that this is a opportunity to meet new people. But right now I don't care. I want let myself feel angry and abandoned and be able to shed a few tears. I want to be annoyed at all the new families who moved in and kicked me out. I know this is totally unreasonable and that this change is for the best, but I am choosing not to acknowledge that this week. For the next few days I am going to be a big baby about the whole thing. Then I'll be okay.

So there is. My sob story.

5 comments:

Kat M said...

Oh no :( that's really sad. I don't know how I'd handle that.
-Kat

Steve and Melissa said...

Can we still be friends? Can our kids play together, go to park days, switch off babysitting (in a few weeks on my end)? Also, can we still get together as families to play, go to Fentons, etc? If not then I will be sad and cry. Allison will too. Amy wont care ;-).

Aleena said...

Thank goodness for playgroup and baby showers and birthdays etc. Lots of reasons to still get together! :)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I'm with ya! They did that to our last ward and it was just wierd.

And yes, you still see your friends regardless of you ward. And life outside of church will still be the same. But it's still nice to have everyone around!

So yes, enjoy your week of being sad about it! :)

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Oh Lee, I'm so sorry. That is really hard to lose seriously part of your identity. When the church is such a big part of our lives, a big change like this can be huge. I hope it all works out and you find some amazing new friends and people to touch. I know you will!