Monday, March 12, 2012

Dora's Chocolate Banana Nut Cake

Carson takes his library books pretty seriously. This has been the recent, read-all-day, book. I was harrased non-stop until we finally copied the cake in the book and made our own.

I love Carson's face in this picture. It is the first picture where he purposefully looked and smiled at the camera. I guess the key is to take a picture of what is important to him. The best part of this picture is what you can't see...he is naked from the waist down. (I'm trying the naked potty training method.) I haven't been successful yet, but he seems to enjoy running around the house naked...

6 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

This makes me smile.

Good luck potty training!!!

kelleyplus said...

Hooray!!! He actually smiled for the camera! So cute. I loved skyping with him today.
Mom

annieq84 said...

You never know what's really going on in a picture. I love that he's naked from the waist down and totally loving it. Probably was another reason he was smiling :) Gage loves being naked!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Oh my gosh, what a great picture of Carson! I know, what a novel idea that they actually have to care to smile:) Oh man, I have been trying the naked potty training with Ami too and she pooped on my couch yesterday. I almost lost it. Now she is saying after every time she pees in her diaper, mom it's soggy, and refuses to wear it. We can't keep going through diapers like this, they're even more expensive in Hawaii!!! We made a deal for the next two days to potty train. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll keep my eyes peeled for tickets, can't wait to see you on the island!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Ooh...so glad you posted this! This is one we haven't made a cake from yet! You're such a great mama! Good luck with the potty training!