Friday, April 2, 2010

Improvements to the family room

This has been a long time coming! Around Christmas we bought a new T.V. We upgraded to a plasma and Steve still comments how great the HD looks every time we watch it. We thought what's the point of getting a flat T.V. if you don't put it on the wall? So our friend Brandon (who is a contractor and a great one if you are in need) helped Steve run all the wires in the wall.

I've wanted wainscoting for a very long time and we finally did that too. I bought all the supplies with my Christmas money and Steve just finished all the installation. It wasn't as easy as we (or at least I) thought it would be, but he did a great job. Add a fresh coat of paint and a new book shelf to house all the T.V. components and you've got yourself a brand new family room!
Just for the fun of it I added a video of Carson. He was cracking me up yesterday while he was watching the Wiggles. He wants to be as close to the T.V. as he can, but then has to look so far up. Funny boy.

12 comments:

annieq84 said...

That looks great! I can't believe I get to see in in person in just a week! I'm so excited!

kelleyplus said...

Just when I didn't think your house could get any cuter!!! I love it!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Oh I love the wainscoating, it always add such a cute touch to a room. You two are just so clever. Someday when I get a house I'm hiring you! Carson is so funny. Since when did he get so big. I can't believe it.

Amanda said...

looks great! i want to come visit! :)

Kelly said...

Wow, it turned out beautiful! Carson is such a crack up, the video was so funny!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That looks FABULOUS! I love it!

Jackie said...

The room looks beautiful Leah! I love wainscoating and we are talking about attempting to put it in a few rooms, but I may need to call you for advice. Hope you had a nice Easter.

andrea said...

I love it so cute! I love seeing those pictures on the wall too, are those printed on canvas like you were talking about? Your house looks adorable, I want to come visit someday!

kelleyplus said...

Definetly, when you get the money, change the blinds to white!

Our Carlson Family said...

i love your new room! It looks so professional... You should go on Design Star... if you've never seen it, i have a feeling you'd love it!

Jeremy and Jennifer said...

I love what you did!!!! It looks great!!

Heidi McMillan said...

love the room!! way to go guys. I can now hire you if we ever get wiring into the wall.