Sunday, October 4, 2009

10 Month Update

*Disclosure: He turned 10 months several weeks ago, but I haven't been able to get a good picture. He WILL NOT sit still, smile, and sit next to the card at the same time. So- this picture is as good as it will get. Forgive the blurriness.

I am in the double digits now. I weigh 22 lbs. 9 oz (66%) and I am 2 ft. 7 inches tall (96%). I am so active and I love to figure out how everything works. I continue to crawl and climb every chance I get. My balance is getting better and better. I have just started to realize that I can stand up on my own. I am still a little unsure about it, and slowly squat down when I’ve stood too long. Much to Mom’s pleasure I am a very good napper now. I take two long naps each day and sleep from 7:45 at night to 7:00 every morning. I still cry around half the time when I am put to bed, but it doesn’t last for long. I am still waking-up several times at night. Mom keeps threatening to cut me off at night. We'll see who wins... I love to ride in the car, go to stores, go to kids Klub at the gym, go to story time at the library, and play at the indoor mall play ground. I wear the ladies at Mom and Dad’s gym out! They are always chasing me around making sure I don’t hurt myself. The other day I climbed all the way to the top of the twirly slide. One of them had to come up and get me! I am going through a demanding stage right now. I want to be held or entertained all the time. Dad figured out that as long as he and Mom were not in the room I am pretty happy playing with myself. I am not scared of strangers at all. I go up to everyone and I never care who holds me. Just last week I got my third tooth. I’ve been eating more and more solids, but cheerios are still my favorite. Mom and Dad are always shocked at how much food I can eat with only a few teeth. I’ve started to fake laugh and a quite proud of myself. When Mom and Dad are laughing at something on T.V. I join in. If someone is trying to make me laugh, but I don’t think it is really that funny I will give them a curtsy laugh. Mom had to put locks on all the cabinets and toilets. I am still confused about why they don’t open and am sad I have no toilet water to play in. I can still flush the toilets and unroll all the toilet paper though! I also keep busy by emptying all the books out of the bottom shelves of the book shelves, opening and closing the DVD player and climbing in the bath tub and making sure all shampoos and soap are on the ground. Needless to say I have a very busy schedule!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

he looks like such a big boy in that picture. when (if) i have a boy- can he be that cute please? i mean, they will share some genes, so it can happen right?

kelleyplus said...

A very busy schedule indeed!!! It's hard work learning everything that has to do with a new world but he is smart and clever!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Months 10, 11 & 12 are so hard to get a good photo WITH the cards! He sure is a cutie.

Amanda P said...

Leah! I still can't believe how much he looks like you. He is so cute. He sounds SO busy. I am amazed at what a climer he is! Wow! Also, I forgot to tell you that I think it is so great and funny that you guys have Shellapaloza! And that you got to see Chris Isaac...how great. Anyway, it was so fun to talk to you last night!