Thursday, July 24, 2014

Kendall 9 Month Update



Even at the ripe old age of 9 months I am still the shiny new toy at home. Every morning my brothers are so excited to see me. They are constantly playing with me and kissing me all over. It’s good to be adored. I’ve really grown-up this past month! I can sit completely unassisted now for any period of time. Mom was giving me a bath yesterday laying down and I didn’t like that one bit. I rolled onto my tummy and got very scared because my face was so close to the water. I take baths sitting now. 

I am eating everything. Mom puts it on my tray and I eat it. She said she’s never had such a good little eater at this age. I still won’t use a bottle or sippy cup, but have started taking sips of water out of a cup. I really love string cheese and animal crackers. I still nurse, but am easily distracted, so Mom tries to nurse me upstairs alone. 

I continue to be a good napper. Two naps a day for a total of 4 hours of day time sleep give or take. I go to bed easy at night too. Mom’s been ignoring me at night if I cry and I usually stop and fall back asleep within a few minutes. My problem is falling asleep somewhere other than a bed. I can’t do it. I refuse to fall asleep in someone’s arms and only occasionally fall asleep in the car. If I do fall asleep in the car I wake up immediately when it stops. Church is no fun on Sundays and traveling is tricky too. 

I did a lot of traveling this month. We flew to Washington and Mom and I flew to Utah for Great Grandpa’s funeral. Overall I was a good traveler. I was a bit winey and wiggly on the airplane (because I wouldn’t sleep). I slept well in the cabin and hotel though. I loved all the action and visiting with so many unfamiliar faces. I am at such a fun stage!

No comments: